Currently, Google Chrome is the only browser supported by bettr. This includes both the web/Chrome Extension for entering sentiment, along with the dashboard at bettr.me.
- Browsers: Google Chrome
- Devices: Web/Extensions on Laptop/Desktops + bettr app for Slack on Mobile & Desktop
- Applications supported by Chrome Extensions: Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar for Web
Step 1: Reset Your Password
You’ll receive an email with your bettr username and temporary password (which you will need to log into https://bettr.me with your temporary credentials). Heads up, this temporary username-password combo expires in 30 days.
Step 2: Check Out Your Dashboard
After resetting your password, you’ll land on your bettr dashboard. It’ll be blank – at least until you start logging sentiment, that is. The below image is an example of what you can expect to see once you start logging your sentiment regularly.
Step 3: Install the Chrome Extension
Visit bettr - Chrome Web Store and click "Add to Chrome" to install the Chrome Extension.
Then click on the green bettr icon in Chrome and enter your bettr credentials. Easy-peasy.
Once logged in, you'll be able to track your sentiment throughout the day – the more honest you are around your entries, the bettr off you’ll be – both in the short and long run.
Logging sentiment may be the easiest task you do all day. Just choose a Subject (add details to help provide additional context, if you’d like), click on an emoji that best represents your sentiment at that time, and click “Add Entry”. That’s it.
Remember, there’s no need to track your sentiment on everything you do during the day (however, you can if you wish). We definitely want you to at least track how you feel about the most meaningful things, both positive or negative.
As an FYI, the data you enter will be immediately available back on the bettr dashboard.
Step 4: (Re)Load Google Calendar
Load (or reload, if you already have it open) your Google Calendar.
When you hover over any of the day’s tasks (or tasks from the the past), a green bettr icon will appear.
Clicking on it will bring up the familiar bettr interface (within the calendar event space). Meaning you can now share, edit or delete your sentiment straight from your calendar by simply clicking on the emojis.
Step 5: Connect the Google Calendar Integration
From the webpage, click on Settings > Integrations. Under the Available Integrations section click on “setup for Google Calendar”. From the popup window, login with your company email address, then click “allow”. The popup window will indicate when the integration has been successfully connected.
Step 6: Install the bettr app for Slack
Click the + sign next to “Apps” at the bottom of the sidebar in Slack and search for “bettr.me”. Click “Install” and type “help” to get the conversation going.
Please note, you’ll first need to connect your bettr account to Slack by clicking “Connect account”.
Once connected, the bettr bot will let you know how to get started.
You can use the “add reminder” command to set one or more daily reminders (e.g., add reminder 4pm). As per your request, the bettr bot (in Slack) will remind you about entering sentiment.
Need help? You can also conveniently type “help” at any time for a full list of commands.
You're all set!
Now you’re ready to start using bettr. Check out a few useful tips below:
- In The Moment. Your ability to accurately remember your sentiment is highest when it just happened. So best to track your sentiment in real-time for best results. Or at least daily. You can always set a reminder (using the bettr bot in Slack).
- Where You Work. Use bettr from Google Calendar, via your Chrome browser extension, or from Slack (if applicable). We’d love feedback on where else you’d like to see bettr.
- Track What’s Meaningful. You don’t need to report sentiment on every minute of your day, just what’s most meaningful to you. Since sharing your sentiment is not systematically required, the onus is on you to remember to share; set up notification in your Settings or use the bettr bot in Slack for reminders.
- New Subjects. Have additional subjects you want to log sentiment to? Reach out to your bettr analyst with your suggestions.
- Simplified Measurement. We made the sentiment calculations easier to understand – with each sentiment emoji having a numeric value (we calculate aggregated sentiment using a moving average).